Datacom Systems Vic has experienced outstanding growth and we are seeking an experienced Windows Systems Engineer to join our professional Managed Services team here in Melbourne.
Closing Date: 29-Nov-2015
At the heart of this role is an absolute commitment to customer satisfaction.
Providing proactive and reactive support in maintaining the availability and viability of our clients’ infrastructure, the Windows Systems Engineer fulfils a vital function in the Managed Services Team.
Working closely with their team and the Team Leader, the Windows Systems Engineer is responsible for the timely action of requests within agreed service levels, operating under guidelines for predefined processes and maintaining documentation.
This role will suit a senior qualified Engineer who values their skills and their application. Your willingness to contribute to the overall success of the business together with a strong desire to succeed will contribute to success in this role.
You will work with a sense of urgency, have a positive and proactive attitude and strongly believe in providing outstanding levels of customer service. Your desire and willingness to operate in a high performing and mutually supportive team environment is essential.
You will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interpret a technical issue into everyday language to suit diverse audiences.
Preferably with 5 years or more in a similar role within a managed services environment, you’re looking for an opportunity that will see you working with large, high profile organisations.
- Manage and monitor all Windows systems and infrastructure
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level infrastructure and systems support
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Provide system support to meet customer demands for the resolution of incidents, problems and change requests as well as business improvement initiatives
- Perform regular security and application patching as per vendor requirements
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Windows capacity reporting and planning
- Perform work after hours where required
- Available for on-call support on a rotational basis
Qualification, Experience and Skills
To be successful in this role, a minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role within an outsourcing/managed services environment, combined with the relevant qualifications is essential.
Relevant qualifications are:
- MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008 or MCSE: Server Infrastructure on Windows Server 2012/2012 R2
- Virtualisation Certifications, VMware, HyperV
- Specialisation Certifications, Microsoft messaging, Lync, Sharepoint
Relevant experience includes:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (Server & Desktop)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience administering Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services, DNS and DHCP Servers
- Strong knowledge of Virtualised Environments (VMware and Hyper-V)
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Server Management Platforms (Windows PowerShell, SCOM/SCCM)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Terminal Server 2008/2012
- Email filtering and archiving solutions
- Web content filtering solutions
- Enterprise antivirus solution
- Knowledge of cloud technologies both on premise and public
Relevant skills includes:
- Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision or with a team
- Exceptional trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service
- Strong communication
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Be an effective ambassador of Datacom behaving in ways consistent with the Company Values
- Practice open and honest communication at all levels and remain accountable for personal performance
Datacom Systems Vic offers a family friendly and flexible work environment that support career progression and encourages professional development.
If this role and our company appeal to you, please apply by sending your resume with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need Career Advice and help applying for this role, please email your current resume and an old cover letter to email@example.com