Introduction to Cybersecurity covers trends in cybersecurity and career opportunities. Cybersecurity refers to the people, products, and processes that protect electronic data from those with malicious intent. This course introduces students to networking professionals who discuss the exciting and growing industry of cybersecurity. The course modules define cybersecurity, explain why it’s important, and introduce the products and processes used to secure data.
The course offers the following:
- Recorded presentations and panel discussions created by cybersecurity professionals and industry experts
- Activities that reinforce learning
- Links to articles and websites to help you explore cybersecurity on your own
- Quizzes to check your understanding of the information presented
- The Cybersecurity Industry
- ● Explain the importance of cybersecurity in the global economy
- ● Explain why cybersecurity is a growing profession
- Malware and How to Protect Yourself
- ● Explain the characteristics and operation of malware.
- ● Explain how hackers use unsuspecting individuals to propagate malware
- Overview of Cybersecurity in Finance and Telecommunications
- ● Explain why cybersecurity is critical to the banking industry
- ● Explain why cybersecurity is critical to the telecommunications industry
- Cisco Security Solutions
- ● Explain Cisco’s approach to cybersecurity.
- ● Explain the behavior-based approach to cybersecurity
- Defending Against Global Threats
- ● Explain the characteristics of cyber warfare.
- ● Explain how Cisco’s Security Intelligence Operations (SIO) tracks and responds to a global threat
- Strategic and Architectural Cybersecurity Planning
- ● Explain trends in the cyber threat landscape.
- ● Explain the framework of the Enterprise Security Architecture
- Vulnerabilities and Solutions
- ● Explain why cybersecurity is critical to the medical devices industry.
- Will Your Future Be in Cybersecurity?
- ● Explain the opportunities for pursuing network security certifications