What is ITIL?
Information Technology Infrastructure Library now known as ITIL is a set of practices for IT service management (ITSM) that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business.
The ITIL Foundation certificate course teaches a best practice approach for anyone who uses IT services, a practical understanding of the key concepts, principles, processes, and functions that enable successful ITSM. The course intent is to provide proven practical guidance on how to successfully introduce an integrated ITSM framework and how best practices can be adopted and adapted within an organisation.
The 5 core principles of ITIL are:
- Service Strategy: Aligning business and IT
- Service Design: Guidance on the production and maintenance of IT policies
- Service Transition: Guidance and process activities for the transition of services in the operational business environment
- Service Operation: Delivery and control activities to achieve operational excellence on a day-to-day basis
- Continual Service Improvement: The process elements involved in identifying and introducing service improvements.
Why have an ITIL Foundation certification?
- It shows employers that you have a greater understanding of how to work more effectively & efficiently in an IT environment.
- Some organisations already require you to have it, just like a Drivers Licence or a Police check, especially larger corporates and government departments.
- It will assist you in being more effective in your current role. The old adage, works smarter, not harder.
Who’s looking for ITIL?
Initially developed in the UK, ITIL has since been adopted globally. As the realisation of ITIL’s importance grows, more & more Australian employers are looking to include it in their ITSM and in turn their IT recruitment strategies.
Currently there are 481 jobs Australia wide specifying ITIL as a requirement in their job ads.For instance check out the companies looking for ITIL certified employee’s on the seek.com.au website. Just remember, one of those 481 jobs could be yours!
- 40 questions
- 60 minutes
- Valid for 3 years
A pass is 65%. That’s just 26 questions out of 40.
Our ITIL Expert trainer will cover all the content in a 2 day weekend course to ensure you make the grade as IT Futures’ next ITIL Foundation certificate holder.