Our Microsoft Excel Beginner training course, includes creating and formatting spreadsheets and charts, learning Excel basic formulas and functions, and gaining an understanding in sort and filter your data. You will learn and apply the basic skills and knowledge required to operate Microsoft Excel. This short course focuses on understanding the basic functions of Excel as well as how to use various icons, toolbars and the formula bar. In addition to this, you will also learn:
Getting started with Excel
• Understand how to navigate Excel and access the features you are looking for
• Understand the Excel Start Screen and Workbook Screen, including Quick Access Toolbar, Ribbon, Formula Bar, Spreadsheet Grid, Status bar.
Understand how to use the blank workbook template.
Understand how to type or handle data in different data types, including text, numbers, datas, formulas.
Understand how to open an existing Workbook and navigate a Workbook
Understand data editing, including overwriting cell contents, clearing cells, deleting data, editing Formulas, and using Undo and Redo
• Understand how to insert cells, columns or rows in a Worksheet, and delete cells, columns or rows from a Worksheet.
Formatting and Layout
• Understand font formatting, including changing fonts, changing font size, Italicising text, underlining text
• Understanding how to use Cell Alignment
• Understand formatting different types of data, including money, percentages, fractions, dates, thousands separator, and increasing and decreasing decimals
Sorting and Filtering
• Understand how to performance an Alphabetical Sort or Numerical Sort, and sort on multiple columns
• Understand how to apply, use and clear a filter, and create compound filters or custom filters.
This course is designed for people who are new to Excel and would like to learn the basics of a program which is essential in any admin or data based role.
There is no requirement for the Microsoft Excel Beginner training course. The course is suitable for those who has never worked with Excel or have had very limited exposure to it.
At the completion of this course students will:
Feel comfortable navigating around Microsoft Excel;
Understand how to sort and enter worksheet data;
Be confident in creating, editing, saving, sharing and printing workbook data;
Understand how to perform calculations on Excel;
Be confident in creating graphs and charts;
Use font formatting techniques to greatly enhance the look of a worksheet;
Feel comfortable designing the layout of your worksheet;
Understand how to sort and filter data in a worksheet.
Number of questions
Enrol now to save your place
This Microsoft Excel Beginner training course will give you the opportunity to learn and master the basics of Microsoft Excel so you can edit, analyse, share and manage your day-to-day data using Excel spreadsheets.
Before you go...
Would you like to subscribe to the
IT Futures newsletter?