You will learn how to be more organised and efficient users of Microsoft Excel by understanding how to create complex formulas, use a range of functions and develop dynamic charts and reports. The course focuses on developing your existing skills through a hands-on-learning environment. Content covered includes:
Using conditional formatting
• Understand how to apply, use and clear conditional formatting
• Understand more cell formatting options, including top ten items, top and bottom formatting options, data bars, colour scales, icon sets, and sparklines.
Performing Pivot Tables
• Understand how to create your own Pivot Tables
• Understand more applications of Pivot Tables including filtering a Pivot Table, switching Pivot Table fields, and formatting a Pivot Table.
Clearing a Report Filter
Complex Excel Functions and Formulas
• Understand how to use IF, CHOOSE, LOOKUP, Counting, Rounding Up, Rounding Down function, etc.
• Understand how to use MOD, TODAY, NOW, DATE function, etc.
• Understand how to create a nested functions or complex functions.
Applying Defined Names
• Understand how to create Defined Names, use Defined Names for Formulas, Constant Values, etc.
• Understand how to manage and document Defined Names
This Microsoft Excel Intermediate training course is designed for people who have basic Excel knowledge and would like to enhance their skills and improve their productivity.
Students should have completed the Microsoft Excel Beginner course, or have a basic understanding of Excel. The course is aimed at those familiar with Excel but looking to learn how to get the most out of the in-built features.
Be confident in setting-up and formatting pages;
Understand how to create and use words defined in a workbook;
Be able to use calculations in an auto-filler;
Feel comfortable creating databases;
Be competent in using a range of features to enhance charts;
Understand how to use Absolute and Relative Referencing in formulas;
Be comfortable using Excel’s Quick Analysis Tools;
Understand how to create more complex formulas and functions and use a variety of financial functions;
Understand how to apply conditional formatting to ranges in a worksheet;
Feel comfortable using simple Pivot Tables.
Number of questions
Enrol now to save your place
his Microsoft Excel Intermediate training course course will give you the opportunity to build on your basic spreadsheet skills by learning learn how to work smarter in Excel, improve your efficiency and impress with your results.
Before you go...
Would you like to subscribe to the
IT Futures newsletter?