During this Microsoft Excel Advanced training course you will build on your existing Microsoft Excel skills and gain the necessary knowledge to perform advanced calculations in spreadsheets. You will become familiar with:
Applying advanced functions into formulas
• Understand how to use data lookup, including VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH, etc.
• Understand how to use reference functions, including ROWS, COLUMNS, ADDRESS, INDIRECT, etc.
• Understand advanced text functions, including, UPPER, LOWER, CONCATENATE, MID, LEN, SUBSTITUTE, TEXT, VALUE, etc.
• Understand advanced maths functions, including, TRUC, ROUND, PRODUCT, SUMIF, SUMPRODUCT, etc.
• Understand data protection, and working with a protected worksheet
• Understand how to set up access to cells, enable worksheet protection, and create a password for a workbook.
Importing and Exporting
• Understand how to import data from other data sources, applying Tab Delimited Text, Comma Delimited Text and Space Delimited Text.
• Understand how to import from an earlier version
• Understand working with connected data and unlinking connections
• Understand how to export excel into other types of files, including text, CSV, and Microsoft Word
• Understand how to apply data validation, including a Drop Down List, using formulas as validation criteria
• Understand how create an input message
Record a simple Macros
• Understand Excel Macros, and basic concept of Excel VBA
• Understand how to record, edit and run a simple Macro
Other advanced Excel features
• Understand data linking, Grouping and Automatic Outline, Subtotals, Data Consolidation, Scenarios
• Understand advanced Pivot Tables techniques
This course is designed for people who have intermediate Excel skills and would like to be able to solve complex equations using Excel.
After you completed the Microsoft Excel Advanced training course, you will be well equipped to work with a range of functions and formulas in Microsoft Excel. You will gain the skills to successfully:
Be confident in using data lookup functions, reference functions, advanced math functions, and advance text functions into formulas to employ the more advanced tools;
Understand how to use data validation, create an input message, and create a Drop Down List;
Understand how to record your own Excel Macros increasing automation;
Be able to use data importing from other source files and exporting into other file formats;
Understand how to use data protection, provide restricted access to cells, and setup password protecting your workbook.
Number of questions
Enrol now to save your place
After completing this Microsoft Excel Advanced training course you will understand complex functions of Microsoft Excel and how to employ advanced tools and automation techniques.
Before you go...
Would you like to subscribe to the
IT Futures newsletter?