The CompTIA® Linux+™ Powered by LPI (Exams LX0-103 and LX0-104) course, developed to cover CompTIA Powered by LPI exams LX0-103 and LX0-104, builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with the Linux operating system to present fundamental skills and concepts that you will use on the job in any type of Linux career.
This course can benefit you in two ways. If your job duties include Linux troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance, or if you are preparing for any type of Linux-related career, it provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be successful. In addition, it assists you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA® Linux+™ Powered by LPI exams (Exam Codes: LX0-103 and LX0-104), in order to become a CompTIA® Linux+™ Certified Professional.
Linux has grown into an industry-leading software and service delivery platform that is used for everything from super computers and Web servers to virtualized systems and your Android phone. Linux professionals are high in demand: With CompTIA’s Linux+ Powered by LPI certification, you’ll acquire the fundamental skills and knowledge you need to successfully configure, manage and troubleshoot Linux systems.
In this course, you will administer Linux.
- Identify basic Linux concepts and perform basic Linux tasks.
- Manage user and group accounts.
- Manage partitions and the Linux filesystem.
- Manage various files in Linux.
- Work with Linux permissions and ownership.
- Print files.
- Manage packages.
- Manage kernel services.
- Work with the Bash shell and shell scripts.
- Manage jobs and processes.
- Manage system services.
- Configure network services.
- Configure basic Internet services.
- Implement measures to secure a Linux system.
- Manage hardware associated with Linux systems.
- Troubleshoot Linux system issues.
- Install the Linux operating system.
- Configure the GUI.
|Exam Description||CompTIA Linux+ covers common tasks in major distributions of Linux, including the Linux command line, basic maintenance, installing and configuring workstations, and networking. Linux+ is comprised of two exams – LX0-103 and LX0-104. Candidates must pass LX0-103 before taking LX0-104.|
|Number of Questions||60 questions||60 questions|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice (Single Response), Multiple Response and Fill-in-the-Blank||Multiple Choice (Single Response), Multiple Response and Fill-in-the-Blank|
|Length of Test||90 Minutes||90 Minutes|
|Passing Score||500 (on a scale of 200 to 800)||500 (on a scale of 200 to 800)|
|Recommended Experience||CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ and 12 months of Linux admin experience||CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ and 12 months of Linux admin experience|
To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the following Logical Operations courses or have equivalent knowledge:
- UNIX and Linux: Fundamentals
- UNIX and Linux: Advanced User
- CompTIA® A+®: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-801 and 220-802) (helpful, but not required)