This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for individuals to safely perform foundation digital literacy tasks using a personal computer and a range of software applications and digital devices.
This qualification provides foundation digital literacy skills to support a wide range of varying industry occupations.
The course will address the following Units of Competency from the ICA11 Training Package. All of these competencies must be successfully completed to gain the Certificate I of IDMT.
- BSBOHS201A Participate in OHS processes
- BSBSUS201A Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- ICAICT201A Use computer operating systems and hardware
- ICAICT202A Work and communicate effectively in an IT environment
- ICAICT203A Operate application software packages
- ICAICT204A Operate a digital media technology package
- ICAWEB201A Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement
- ICAICT205A - Design basic organisational documents using computing packages
- ICAICT206A - Install software applications
- ICAICT207A - Integrate commercial computing packages
- ICAICT210A - Operate database applications
- ICAICT211A - Identify and use basic current industry-specific technologies
- ICASAS208A - Maintain IT equipment and consumables
- ICASAS209A - Connect and use a home-based local wireless network
- ICT30115 Certificate III in Information Digital Media Technology or other ICA11 qualifications.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition including recognition of prior learning (RPL), is a process for giving candidates credit for skills, knowledge and experience gained through working and learning. It can be gained at any stage of their lives, through formal and informal learning, in Australia or overseas, through work or other activities such as volunteering.
If you would like to apply for RPL, please contact ITFutures to get a copy of the RPL Kit.
Please refer to the Current Course Fee Schedule for all the details. You may also be eligible for;
The course duration is up to 1 year.
Training and Assessment can be via the following methods;
This qualification has the following certifications mapped into it;
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint